Organizations are advised to carefully review this website to gauge the Foundation’s possible interest prior to submitting a full proposal. If there is uncertainty, a brief, one-page letter of inquiry may be sent to the Vice President of Philanthropy, including a summary of the project and related costs.
The submission deadlines for Grant Applications are below:
Applications may be submitted through the online portal, via email, or sent to the Foundation’s PO Box – view contact information.
If you have questions or issues with the online forms, please email [email protected].
Apply by Email or Regular Mail
Proposals MUST include the Common Grant Application Cover Sheet which can be accessed at the Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania Web Site, http://www.gwpa.org. Please limit the complete narrative to a maximum of ten pages, which can either follow the Common Grant Application or can be in a format of your choice.
The following information must be included with an email/mail grant application:
- Organizational description and mission statement
- Summary of the project, including goals/objectives/budget
- Relationship of the program to the mission of the Foundation
- Amount of grant request and proposed program implementation
- Personnel who will administer/monitor the project
- Board of Directors, including affiliations
- Executive Staff, including full- and part-time
- Administrative Budget and Balance Sheet
- IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt determination letter